When Jesus Christ died on the Cross, He accomplished much for the benefit of His people. Let us consider some things He achieved:
Category: Sin/Forgiveness of Sins
1. Jesus, without sin (Heb 4:15; 7:26; 9:14), became sin for us (2 Cor 5:21).
2. Sinless Jesus appeared in order to take away sins (1 Jn 3:5).
3. Jesus has put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself (Rom 8:3; Heb 9:26; 1 Jn 3:5).
4. Jesus made purification of sins (Heb 1:3).
5. Jesus’ blood cleanses us from all sin (1 Jn 1:7, 9).
6. Jesus’ blood gives us the forgiveness of sins (Mt 26:28; Eph 1:7; Heb 9:22; 1 Jn 1:9).
7. Jesus bore our sins, the sins of many (Heb 9:28)
8. Jesus bore our sins, so we might die to sin (1 Pet 2:24).
9. Jesus bore our sins, so we might live to righteousness (1 Pet 2:24)
10. Jesus bore our sins, and by His wounds you were healed (1 Pet 2:24).
11. Jesus released us from our sins by His blood (Rev 1:5).
12. Jesus made propitiation for the sins of His people all over the world (Rom 3:25; Heb 2:17; 1 Jn 2:2; 4:10).
13. Jesus forgave our sins, according to the riches of His grace (Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; Col 2:13; Heb 10:18).
14. Jesus accomplished perfect obedience to the point of death, even death on a cross (Phil 2:18).
15. Jesus justified us by His blood (Rom 5:9), the just for the unjust (1 Pet 3:18).
16. Jesus disarmed the rulers and authorities (Col 2:15)
17. Jesus made a public display of the rulers and authorities (Col 2:15).
18. Jesus, through death, rendered powerless him who had the power of death, that is the devil (Heb 2:14).
19. Jesus destroyed the works of the devil (1 Jn 3:8).
20. Jesus triumphed (2 Cor 2:14; Col 2:15).
21. Jesus came into the world to save sinners (1 Tim 1:15), to save His people from their sins (Mt 1:21; Heb 7:27). He saved us (Titus 3:5).
22. Jesus has delivered us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father (Gal 1:4).
23. Jesus delivered us from the domain of darkness (Col 1:13).
24. Jesus delivered those in slavery all their lives because of the fear of death (Heb 2:15).
25. Jesus brought many sons to glory through sufferings (Heb 2:10).
26. Jesus received us into His kingdom (Col 1:14).
27. Jesus obtained salvation for us (1 Thess 5:10).
28. Jesus purchased for God, men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation with His blood (Rev 5:9).
29. Jesus purchased His people for a price (1 Cor 6:20; 7:23).
30. Jesus redeemed us (Col 1:14), those who were under the Law (Gal 4:5), from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (Gal 3:13).
31. Jesus redeemed us through His blood (Eph 1:7; 1 Pet 1:18–19).
32. Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all of His people (1 Tim 2:6).
33. Jesus redeemed us from every evil deed (Titus 2:14).
34. Jesus’ redemption of the transgressions, committed under the first covenant, grants the promise of eternal inheritance to those who have been called (Heb 9:15).
35. Jesus obtained eternal redemption, once for all, through His own blood, having entered a more perfect tabernacle as a high priest of good things to come (Heb 9:11–12).
36. Jesus tasted death for everyone (all of His people) (Heb 2:9).
37. Jesus gave Himself up for us (Eph 5:2, 25; Titus 2:13).
38. Jesus died for our sins (1 Cor 15:3; Gal 1:4; 1 Thess 5:10).
39. Jesus died for all of His people that they should longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf (2 Cor 5:15).
40. Jesus gave Himself as a peace offering to God, through the blood of His Cross (Col 1:20), with He Himself becoming our peace (Eph 2:14, 15).
41. Jesus brought us near to God by His blood (Eph 2:13; 1 Pet 3:18).
42. Jesus established a stumbling block, a rock of offense, for the proud to stumble over (Gal 5:11).
43. Jesus cancelled out our certificate of debt, the debt of sin, taking it out of the way and nailing it to the Cross (Col 2:14).
44. Jesus reconciled us to God (Rom 5:10; 2 Cor 5:18–20; Eph 2:16; Col 1:20), in His fleshly body through death (Col 1:22).
45. Jesus abolished the enmity between us and God by fulfilling the Law of commandments through sacrifice in His flesh (Rom 5:10; Eph 2:15).
46. Jesus broke down the barrier between Jews and Gentiles by merging both groups into Himself (Eph 2:14).
47. Jesus opened the access, through wall of partition and through the veil for us to draw near to God
48. Jesus has given us confidence to enter the holy place by His blood (Heb 10:19).
49. Jesus abolished death (2 Tim 1:10).
50. Jesus inaugurated a new and living way for us through the veil, His flesh (Heb 10:20).
51. Jesus made it possible for Him to present us before God the Father, holy and blameless and above reproach (Eph 1:4; 5:27; Col 1:22).
52. Jesus loved us (Jn 13:1; 15:13; Rom 5:8; Gal 2:20; Eph 5:2).
53. Jesus, offered Himself (Heb 9:14), sacrificing Himself to God as a fragrant aroma (Eph 5:2).
54. Jesus was offered once (Heb 9:28; 10:10).
55. Jesus offered up Himself, once for all of His people (1 Pet 3:18), for their sins (Heb 7:27).
56. Jesus’ one sacrifice for sins is for all time (Heb 10:12).
57. Jesus’ one-time sacrifice has perfected for all time those who are sanctified (Heb 10:14).
58. Jesus has ended any further offering for sin (Heb 10:18).
59. Jesus sanctified His people through His own blood (Heb 13:13).
60. Jesus’ made it possible for His people to be sprinkled with His blood (1 Pet 1:2).
61. Jesus’ blood, the blood of Christ, cleanses your conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Heb 9:14).
62. Jesus purified a people for His own possession (Titus 2:14), who would be zealous for good works.
63. Jesus, who suffered for us, left us with an example to follow in His steps (1 Pet 2:21–23).
Category: New Covenant
64. Jesus sealed the new covenant in His blood (1 Cor 11:25c), as our Passover Lamb (1 Cor 5:7).
65. Jesus’ blood is the blood of the New Covenant (Mt 26:28; Heb 9:20–21; 10:29).
66. Jesus became the guarantee of a better covenant (Heb 7:22).
67. Jesus made the way to draw near to God through Him by His blood (Eph 2:13; Heb 4:16; 7:19, 25; 10:1, 25; Jam 4:8).
68. Jesus has become the mediator of the new covenant (1 Tim 2:5; Heb 9:15; 11:24).
69. Jesus has validated the new covenant by His death (Heb 9:16–17).
70. Jesus fulfilled the Scriptures regarding the Messiah (1 Cor 15:3–4).
71. Jesus proved Himself to be the Savior of the body, His church (Eph 5:23).
72. Jesus, the unblemished and spotless Lamb, redeemed a people for Himself by shedding His precious blood (1 Pet 1:18–19).
73. Jesus was a successful high priest (Heb 2:17)
74. Jesus became the source of eternal life for all those who obey Him (Heb 5:9).
75. Jesus appears in the presence of God for us (Heb 9:24).
Spokane Valley, Washington
February 19, 2021